Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bradley Walking in Memphis

I write this entry with a pinch of sadness this week.  Not only is Rogers State losing its athletic leader but I'm losing a good friend and tireless advocate.  Ryan is headed to the University of Memphis as an Associate Athletic Director for Marketing and Strategic Communications.  He will be reunited on the Memphis staff with Wren Baker.  I am so happy for both Ryan and Wren, two quality individuals who gave me a chance to become a college basketball play-by-play voice back in 2007.  I will be forever grateful that I was allowed the opportunity to spread my wings as an announcer.  Ryan paid me the highest compliment last weekend.  I asked him if I should expect any change in my status as the basketball voice, and he said "they're not gonna find anybody better..."  I will miss Ryan because he gave me a shot, but I will also miss him because we share the same love for family and same unending adoration of St. Louis Cardinals baseball.  Your presence changed a community, an athletic department, and one man's broadcast bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment